Monday, September 12, 2011

Not a "Miette" Left....

Sometimes at the end of a great week, you need things to get even greater.  That is when you call your girlfriends and arrange to have a magical girls night out.  I love having girl time.  I really enjoy all of the sigoths of my friends, but, I love the silly-laugh-at-anything ridiculousness that happens when it's just us girls.

We had planned on dinner and possibly a movie, but Emily also mentioned a MUST SEE cupcakery in Hayes Valley. She spoke about it on a couple of occasions, so I knew it was great and memorable!  We stopped first to get some pedicures, and then it was off to do some serious business at Miette!

Thank goodness I have friends who are ready to help with my serious blog research!

Emily and Mira - ready to go in!!
 Miette is located in both the Ferry Building and Hayes Valley.  We went to the Hayes Valley stop, and I was in awe from the moment I crossed the threshold!

Imagine this: glass jars filled to their brims with colorful confections - candy, cookies, chocolates, caramels, sweets, sours, crunchies, chewies....  Gorgeous vintage (looking) wall paper in warm and cozy colors, framing the white antique tables.  The counter in the front houses gorgeous cakes, cupcakes, works of art.  The lady behind the register? Not so friendly, but it doesn't matter because you are distracted by the hand wrapped chocolate bars, antique scales and perfectly centered and balanced displays. 

Okay - you can stop imagining - here it is!




This place was even more so what my ideal cupcakery would be.  But don't you know it - they had no chairs!!!  What do people have against chairs!

In all seriousness, though, it was absolutely stunning.  Almost like a museum - I felt like I had to whisper...but I didn't :)

Then we headed out to dinner, and talked about heading back to Em's for a glass of champagne while we enjoyed these beauties.  But instead, we decided on warm tea and forks.  Talk about quality time.  Emmy even busted out the silver platter.  That's just how we roll, kids.  



We got four flavors: Chocolate with Rasberry, Gingerbread with cream cheese, Pumpkin with cream cheese and vanilla with vanilla.  Hands down, best frosting I've had in a long cupcake tasting while.  Very light, and fluffy.  It didn't have an overwhelming flavor, and was just a perfect compliment to the cake.  Because we got there a bit later in the day, the cake was kind of dry for the chocolate and vanilla, but the other two were great, probably because of the water packed veggies inside!

So, for taste, I would give Miette three stars.  The cake left something to be desired, and that's about 75% of the cupcake!

For decor - hands down a five!  Look at the pictures!


For decorations, a five!  They were dainty, beautiful and simple.


A few cupcakes, a warm beverage, good friends and a great night out?  I would say it was a success on all fronts.







2 comments:

  1. that place looks super cute! can we all move to the same city, retire, and open a little cupcake/bookshop/boutique and we can sit around and write novels, read books and chat? sigh... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur on the ratings.
    And as for what Brittney said- we're almost all here...I think a certain someone (cough, Bern, cough) needs to relocate so we can make this dream a reality.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...