Monday, September 5, 2011

Sweet Gifts...

I am a teacher.  I have always felt a calling to be a teacher, and I feel beyond blessed that I found a job that I love.  I get to meet wonderful young people every day, and on most days, I just acn't wait to get to work (once I get over the actual getting out of bed part).  Being a high school teacher allows me to help students make the big decisions that will ultimately shape the next phase of their lives: college.  I am asked by many a wonderful student to read their personal statements, to write letters of recommendation, and just to be an ear as they process the difficult next steps in this huge decision making process.

A few days ago, as a thank you for reading her personal statement, one of my students dropped off a little gift bag for me.  Imagine my delight to find the following cupcakin' goodies inside!!

A new post it pad!  The bottom is a little box.  Cute!



This vanilla cupcake scented candle smells like heaven...

This should really be everyone's mantra.  As an English teacher, I will appreciate both the daily reminder, and the page placeholder.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...