Saturday, April 21, 2012

Fairycakes - They're On a Roll!


A few weeks ago, the husbo and I ventured down to see and taste Moveable Feast in San Jose.  Our best buds in SF took us to Off the Grid last year, and it was super delis and fun!  We lamented that we didn't have anything like that in our neck of the woods.  Well, here we are!  Moveable Feast is in Willow Glen, and has a pretty solid assortment of trucks, including my personal fave - Fairy Cakes!

The truck was super cute - I mean, how can you not love their little fairy with the sassafras ponytail?  They also had a solid selection of classics and interesting combos.  I especially loved their packaging - which was a take-out style box.  There is something very lovely about opening one of those - inside you will either find Chinese food or, in this case, a cupcake!  Either way, I'm happy.








I also really loved that they had sprinkles for the top labeled with feelings that you should go through while eating a cupcake.  Their whole vibe was very fun and playful - I dug it.











For the tasting portion of the evening, I went with a peanut butter chocolate cupcake.  A chocolate cupcake, topped with peanut butter frosting and a dollop of chocolate in the center.  Very plain looking, as you can see, but inviting, nonetheless.


I did enjoy the cupcake.  However, peanut butter frosting is hard.  It is pretty heavy stuff, and it's difficult to lighten up just because of the consistency of the original ingredient.  It was a bit overpowering for me, but still a moist, beautiful cupcake.

I will definitely be going to this truck again, the next time we go to Moveable Feast - They're definitely onto something!!

Taste:  Moist and good cake, but the frosting was a bit much.  But the cake is the hardest part, if you ask me.


Decoration:  Very simple, but classic.


Overall:  Loved the truck.  Loved it.  Cupcakes on wheels?  Yes please.  Fairy mascot?  Love it.  Literal sprinkles on top are the metaphorical sprinkles on top of this yummy little stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...