Monday, August 22, 2011

Far Out! (Tie Dye Cupcakes and Back to School!)

Today was my first day back to school and the beginning of my sixth year at Fremont High School.  I had a great start, and I definitely feel that this is going to be a good year!

As I have posted about before, I make cupcakes every month for my AVID class in order to celebrate their birthdays.  I have made them many types of cupcakes in the last two years, and so today, I decided it would be fun to put a funky twist on an old recipe.  I made Martha Stewart's Buttermilk Cupcakes with Vanilla frosting.  It's such a simple flavor, and very light and moist (probably from all the eggs!)  But instead of plain old white, I took some inspiration from one of my students, Emma, and made them tie dye!



You split all the batter into 3-4 bowls (my student said that any more than three gets a bit messy).  You dye each color whatever color you want.  I chose purple, teal and blue.  I then used a cookie dough scooper (the little one), and scoop one color into all of the tins.  Then the next color, etc.  Bake and enjoy!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...