Sunday, August 21, 2011

Tres Leches

One of the greatest gifts I have in my life is wonderful friends.  I don't have a large circle, nor is that something I want.  What I do have is a perfect circle of fabulous friends, most of whom I have known for the better part of my life.  Today, one of my very best friends, Emily, celebrated her birthday.  I have known Em for almost a quarter of a century - holy cow.  From crayons to wedding dresses, from all nighters to puppy play dates, I am happy to celebrate another year of a fabulous friend!

In celebration of Em's big day, Mike suggested trying out a new cupcake recipe.  I tried to find something fabulous and kind of exotic for my jet setting pal, and landed on Martha Stewart's Tres Leches recipe.  It was kind of a pain in the rear because you have to soak them with the milk which takes quite a while.  But, in the end, they look fabulous and taste good too!!  

Happy birthday, Em!

Yummy whipped topping - with Em's dahlias in the back!

With a little cinnamon on top!

Scrumptious!


1 comment:

  1. I'm just seeing this! Thanks for the yumminess...they were awesome!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...